1. Sperber, K. et al. Inhibition of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 replication by hydroxychloroquine in T cells and monocytes. AIDS research and human retroviruses. 1993 Jan;9(1):91-8.
2. Wang, LF. et al. Hydroxychloroquine-inhibited dengue virus is associated with host defense machinery. Journal of Interferon & Cytokine Research. 2015 Mar 1;35(3):143-56.
3. Colson, P. et al. Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine as available weapons to fight COVID-19. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2020 Mar 4;105932.
4. Wang, M. et al. Remdesivir and chloroquine effectively inhibit the recently emerged novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in vitro. Cell research. 2020 Mar;30(3):269-71.
5. Gao, J. et al. Breakthrough: Chloroquine phosphate has shown apparent efficacy in treatment of COVID-19 associated pneumonia in clinical studies. BioScience Trends. 2020.
6. Al-Bari, MA. Chloroquine analogues in drug discovery: new directions of uses, mechanisms of actions and toxic manifestations from malaria to multifarious diseases. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. 2015 Jun 1;70(6):1608-21.
7. Keyaerts, E. et al. In vitro inhibition of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus by chloroquine. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 2004 Oct 8;323(1):264-8.
8. Savarino, A. et al. New insights into the antiviral effects of chloroquine. The Lancet infectious diseases. 2006 Feb 1;6(2):67-9.
9. Yao, X. et al. In vitro antiviral activity and projection of optimized dosing design of hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2020 Mar 9.
10. Pourdowlat, G. et al. Prophylactic Recommendation for Healthcare Workers in COVID-19 Pandemic. Advanced Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2020 Mar 27.
11. Post-exposure Prophylaxis / Preemptive Therapy for SARS-Coronavirus-2 (COVID-19 PEP). ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04308668
12. Hydroxychloroquine Chemoprophylaxis in Healthcare Personnel in Contact With COVID-19 Patients (PHYDRA Trial) (PHYDRA). ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04318015.
13. Treatment of COVID-19 Cases and Chemoprophylaxis of Contacts as Prevention (HCQ4COV19). ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04304053.