1. Aksa, K. R.. Psycho Social Problems Faced by the Elderly Who are Institutionalized. Assam Don Bosco University (2017).
2. Andrews, H. A., & Roy, C. The Roy adaptation model : the definitive statement. 472. Retrieved from https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Roy_Adaptation_Model.html?id=d1JtAAAAMAAJ (1991)
3. Bag, J., Chakrabarti, A., Daniel, L., & Sanyal, D. Assessment of subjective well-being status of elderly people in old age homes in Kolkata in relation to their perceived physical health and cognitive functioning Journal of Mental Health and Human Behaviour, 19(1), 32. https://doi.org/10.4103/0971-8990.143888 (2014).
4. Chong, M. S., Tan, C. N., Yew, S., Lim, J. P., Lim, W. S., & Lieu, P. K. Successful Ageing in Nonagenarians: Bio-psychosocial Factors Determining Successful Ageing in Long-Lived Older Adults. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association, 19(1), 90–92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamda.2017.10.015 (2018).
5. Das, S. . Das S.K.Situation Analysis Of The Elderly in India.Central Statistics Office Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation Government of India.June 2011. (June). Retrieved from http://mospi.nic.in/mospi_new/upload/elderly_in_india.pdf (2011).
6. Dhlamini-Sibanda, S. I., Dube-Mawerewere, V., Nkhoma, G., & Haruzivishe, C. O. A Study to Examine the Relationship between Social Support and Perception of Being Institutionalized among the Elderly Aged 65 Years and Above Who Are in Institutions in Bulawayo Urban, Zimbabwe. Open Journal of Nursing, 07(08), 905–917. https://doi.org/10.4236/ojn.2017.78067 (2017).
7. Donnenwerth, G. V., & Petersen, L. R. Institutionalization and Well‐Being Among the Elderly. Sociological Inquiry, 62(4), 437–449. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1475-682X.1992.tb00293.x (1992).
8. Duyan, V., Şahin-Kara, G., Camur Duyan, G., Özdemir, B., & Megahead, H. A. The Effects of Group Work With Institutionalized Elderly Persons. Research on Social Work Practice, 27(3), 366–374. https://doi.org/10.1177/1049731516654572 (2017).
9. Garland, J. Adaptation skills in the elderly, their supporters and carers. British Journal of Medical Psychology, 58(3), 267–274. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8341.1985.tb02644.x (1985).
10. Gould, C. E., Segal, D. L., Yochim, B. P., Pachana, N. A., Byrne, G. J., & Beaudreau, S. A. Measuring anxiety in late life: A psychometric examination of the Geriatric Anxiety Inventory and Geriatric Anxiety Scale. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 28(8), 804–811. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.janxdis.2014.08.001 (2014).
11. Han, K. H., Lee, Y. J., Gu, J. S., Oh, H., Han, J. H., & Kim, K. B. Psychosocial factors for influencing healthy aging in adults in Korea. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, 13(1), 1–10. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12955-015-0225-5 (2015).
12. He, W., Goodkind, D., & Kowal, P. An Aging World : 2015 International Population Reports. Aging, (March), 165. https://doi.org/P95/09-1 (2016).
13. Ho, A. P. Y. A peer counselling program for the elderly with depression living in the community. Aging and Mental Health, 11(1), 69–74. https://doi.org/10.1080/13607860600735861 (2007).
14. Jancy, M. D. A Study to Assess the Psychosocial Problem of Institutionalised Elderly at Selected Old Age Home at Mangalore (2012).
15. Jasiński, M. The Psychological Difficulties of Adapting to the Aging Process. Rocznik Teologii Katolickiej, 16(2), 111–123. https://doi.org/10.15290/rtk.2017.16.2.07 (2017).
16. Lange, J., & Grossman, S. Chapter 3 - Theories of Aging. Gerontological Nursing: Competencies for Care, 2nd Edition, 41–65. Retrieved from http://samples.jbpub.com/9781284104479/Chapter_3.pdf (2010).
17. Leventhal, E. Q. A. Ageing and health. Cambridge Handbook of Psychology, Health and Medicine, Second Edition, pp. 20–22. https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511543579.005 (2014).
18. Martin, P., & Martin, M. Proximal and distal influences on development: The model of developmental adaptation. Developmental Review, 22(1), 78–96. https://doi.org/10.1006/drev.2001.0538 (2002).
19. Menezes, S., & Thomas, T. M. Status of the Elderly and Emergence of Old Age Homes in India. International Journal of Social Sciences and Management, 5(1), 1–4. https://doi.org/10.3126/ijssm.v5i1.18972 (2018).
20. Nasreddine, Z. Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) Administration, Administration and Scoring Instructions. Www.Mocatest.Org, 53(August), 1–4. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.2005.53221 (2010).
21. Oken, B. S., Zajdel, D., Kishiyama, S., Flegal, K., Dehen, C., Haas, M., … Leyva, J. Randomized, controlled, six-month trial of yoga in healthy seniors: Effects on cognition and quality of life. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, 12(1), 40–47 (2006).
22. Packham, C. J. Needs of elderly people in residential homes : comparison of records held by carers and general practitioners. 35(August), 335–337(1989).
23. Rayaroth, P. Effect of structured nursing intervention on anxiety, depression and quality of life among senior citizens. Vinayaka Mission University (2015).
24. Ribeiro, M. dos S., Borges, M. da S., Araújo, T. C. C. F. de, & Souza, M. C. dos S. Coping strategies used by the elderly regarding aging and death: an integrative review. Revista Brasileira de Geriatria e Gerontologia, 20(6), 869–877. https://doi.org/10.1590/1981-22562017020.170083 (2017).
25. Segal, D. L., June, A., Payne, M., Coolidge, F. L., & Yochim, B. Development and initial validation of a self-report assessment tool for anxiety among older adults: The Geriatric Anxiety Scale. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 24(7), 709–714. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.janxdis.2010.05.002 (2010).
26. Sell, H. The Subjective Well-Being Inventory (SUBI). International Journal of Mental Health, 23(3), 89–102. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207411.1994.11449289 (1994).
27. Serfaty. Context .— In older people , depressive symptoms are common , psycho- logical adjustment to aging is complex , and associated chronic physical illness limits the use of antidepressants . Despite this , older people are rarely offered psychological interve. PSYCHIATRY, 2011, 65–66. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0084-3970(10)79329-4 (2009).
28. Singh, S., Subramanyam, A., Kamath, R., Pinto, C., Raut, N., & Shanker, S. Perception of old age and self: A comparative study of elderly females living in community and in old age home. Journal of Geriatric Mental Health, 1(1), 32. https://doi.org/10.4103/2348-9995.141923 (2014).
29. Sisman, F. N. Development of an Assessment Scale of Adaptation Difficulty for the Elderly (ASADE) and Its Psychometric Properties. Journal of Psychiatric Nursing, 25–33. https://doi.org/10.5505/phd.2016.82905 (2016).
30. Wang, Q. The needs of older people in later life (2012).
31. Yesavage, A. J., & Rose, L. T. Development and validation of a geriatric depression screening scale: a preliminary report. Journel of Psychiatry, 17(I), 37–49 (1983).