1. KDIGO. Clinical Practice Guideline for Acute Kidney Injury. Off J Int Soc Nephrol. 2012;2(1).
2. Doyle JF, Forni LG. Acute kidney injury : short-term and long-term effects. Crit Care. 2016;1–7. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s13054-016-1353-y
3. Harty J. Prevention and Management of Acute Kidney Injury. Ulster Med J. 2014;83(3):149–57.
4. Ftouh S, Lewington A. Prevention, detection, and management of acute kidney injury: a concise guideline. Clin Med. 2014;14(1):61–5.
5. Selby NM, Fluck RJ, Kolhe NV, et al. International Criteria for Acute Kidney Injury : Advantages and Remaining Challenges. PlosMed. 2016;13(9):1–8.
6. El Hafeez SA, Tripepi G, Quinn R, et al. Risk, Predictors, and Outcomes of Acute Kidney Injury in Patients Admitted to Intensive Care Units in Egypt. Sci Rep. 2017;7(1):1–8. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41598-017-17264-7
7. Lewington.AJP, Cerdá J, Mehta RL. Raising awareness of acute kidney injury : a global perspective of a silent killer. Kidney Int. 2013;1–11.
8. Kohli HS, Bhat A, Jairam A. Predictors of Mortality in Acute Renal Failure in a Developing Country. Ren Fail. 2007;29:463–9.
9. Naqvi R. Epidemiological trends in community-acquired acute Kidney Injury in Pakistan : 25 years Experience from a Tertiary Care Renal Unit. Pak J Med Sci. 2021;37(2):312–9.
10. Phillips L, Allen N, Phillips B, et al. Acute kidney injury risk factor recognition in three teaching hospitals in Ethiopia. S Afr Med J. 2013;103(6):413–8.
11. Ibrahim A, Ahmed MM, Kedir S, et al. Clinical profile and outcome of patients with acute kidney injury requiring dialysis — an experience from a haemodialysis unit in a developing country. BMC Nephrol [Internet]. 2016;17(91):1–5. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12882-016-0313-8
12. Riley S, Diro E, Batchelor P, et al. Renal impairment among acute hospital admissions in a rural Ethiopian hospital. Asian Pacific Soc Nephrol. 2013;18:92–6.
13. JU . HIMS. Hospital profile. 2018.
14. Osman M, Shigidi M, Ahmed H, et al. Pattern and outcome of acute kidney injury among Sudanese adults admitted to a tertiary level hospital. Pan Afr Med J. 2017;28(90):1–7.
15. National Confidential Enquiry into Patient Outcome and Death (NCEPOD). Acute kidney injury audit. 2009.
16. Halle.MPE, Chipekam NM, Beyiha G, et al. Incidence, characteristics, and prognosis of acute kidney injury in Cameroon. Ren Fail. 2018;40(1):30–7.
17. Siew ED, Matheny ME. Choice of Reference Serum Creatinine in Defining Acute Kidney Injury. Nephron Clin Pract. 2015;131:107–12.
18. Thongprayoon C, Cheungpasitporn W, Ekittanamongkolchai W, et al. Optimum methodology for estimating baseline serum creatinine for the acute kidney injury classification. Asian Pacific Soc Nephrol. 2015;20:881–6.
19. Siew ED, Ikizler TA, Matheny ME, et al. Estimating Baseline Kidney Function in Hospitalized Patients with Impaired Kidney Function. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012;7:712–9.
20. Yoo J, Lee JS, Lee J, et al. Relationship between duration of hospital-acquired acute kidney injury and mortality. Korean J Intern Med. 2015;30:205–11.
21. Saxena A, Prasad RN, Meshram SV. Factors Predicting Length of Hospital Stay in Acute Kidney Injury Patients Admitted in a Rural Tertiary Care Hospital. Acta Sci Med Sci. 2017;1(2):19–23.
22. Adu D, Okyere P, Boima V, et al. Community-acquired acute kidney injury in adults in Africa. Clin Nephrol. 2016;86(1):48–52.
23. Evans. RDR, Hemmilä U, Craik A, et al. Incidence, etiology, and outcome of community-acquired acute kidney injury in medical admissions in Malawi. BMC Nephrol. 2017;18(21):1–9.
24. Teo S.H, Lee KG, Koniman R, et al. A prospective study of clinical characteristics and outcomes of acute kidney injury in a tertiary care Centre. BMC Nephrol. 2019;20(282):1–8.
25. Elhendy YA, Atiyah MM, Elhefnawy KA. The Determinants and Outcome of Acute Kidney Injury in Critically Ill Patients in Zagazig University Hospitals. Int J Sci Res. 2015;4(2):190–6.
26. Wang HE, Muntner P, Chertow GM, et al. Acute Kidney Injury and Mortality in Hospitalized Patients. Am J Nephrol. 2012;35:349–55.
27. Santos CGS, Romani RF, Benvenutti R, et al. Acute Kidney Injury in Elderly Population : A Prospective Observational Study. Nephron. 2018;110:104–12.
28. Saxena A, Meshram SV. Predictors of Mortality in Acute Kidney Injury Patients Admitted to Medicine Intensive Care Unit in Rural Tertiary Care Hospital. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2018;22(4):231–7.
29. Lee J, Baek SH, Ahn SY, et al. Pre-Stage Acute Kidney Injury Can Predict Mortality and Medical Costs in Hospitalized Patients. PLoS One. 2016;11(12):1–11.
30. Bello BT, Busari AA, Amira CO, et al. Acute kidney injury in Lagos : Pattern, outcomes, and predictors of in-hospital mortality. Niger J Clin Pract. 2017;20:194–9.
31. Federspiel CK, Itenov TS, Mehta K, et al. Duration of acute kidney injury in critically ill patients. Ann Intensive Care. 2018;8(30):1–9. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13613-018-0374-x
32. Brown JR, Kramer RS, Coca SG, et al. Duration of Acute Kidney Injury Impacts Long-term Survival Following Cardiac Surgery. Ann Thorac Surg. 2010;90(4):1–14.
33. Han SS, Kim S, Ahn SY, et al. Duration of acute kidney injury and mortality in critically ill patients. BMC Nephrol. 2013;14(133):1–7. Available from: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2369/14/133
34. An JN, Lee JP, Jeon HJ, etal. Severe hyperkalemia requiring hospitalization : predictors of mortality. Crit Care. 2012;16(R225):1–14. Available from: http://ccforum.com/content/16/6/R225
35. Jain N, Kotla S, Little BB, et al. Predictors of Hyperkalemia and Death in Patients With Cardiac and renal disease.AJC.2012;109(10):1510–3.Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2012.01.367