Tensin-PTBc expression and purification
Protocol describes expression and purificaton of PTB domain from tensin in bacterial culture.
Ext Coef 0.484 (or 7090 to get µM)
Binding Buffer (High Salt)
20mM Tris-HCl pH 7.9
Elution Buffer (Low Salt)
Wash Buffer (Low Salt)
1) 100ml o/n LB/amp culture
2) Next day seed 700ml LB/amp with 100ml o/n culture, 37°C.
3) Grow cells until OD600 = 0.6-1.2
4) Induce with 1mM IPTG. Grow for 3hr 37°C.
5) Harvest 8krpm, 4 °C, 10min.
6) Resuspend 800ml cell culture pellet in 20ml Ni-NTA binding buffer. LN2 freeze.
1) Thaw 1L cells. Add PI tablet w/o EDTA. Add 2mM PMSF.
2) Add 0.4mg/ml lysozyme. Rock 15-30min until thick.
3) Add 10mM MgCl2. Add 0.4µg/ml DNaseI. Rock 15-30min until loose.
4) Add 0.1% Tx-100. Rock 15min. Save 10µl for SDS-PAGE.
5) Spin 16krpm, 4°C, 15min. Save some supernatant and pellet for gel.
6) Meanwhile, wash 2ml Ni-NTA beads with binding buffer.
7) Load supernatant onto beads.
8) Wash with 50ml binding buffer.
9) Wash with 50ml wash buffer low salt.
10) Elute with elution buffer low salt.
11) Dialize into dialysis buffer while digesting off His tag with biotinylated thrombin. Digest for 6hr RT. Capture biotinylated thrombin with streptavidin agarose.
12) Run SDS PAGE on purification. Determine if need to do further purification on S75 or S200. Do a quick protein concentration check. Concentrate if necessary.
Comments can take the form of short reviews, notes or questions to the author. Comments will be posted immediately. If reported by the community, we will temporarily hide the comment to determine if the comment is spam or harassment. If it is not, it will be unhidden, and it cannot be reported again. If you think a comment has been hidden or unhidden mistakenly, please contact us at [email protected].
Posted 05 Feb, 2009
© Research Square 2020