1. Tan, M. H. et al. Dynamic landscape and regulation of RNA editing in mammals. Nature 550, 249–254 (2017).
2. Porath, H. T., Knisbacher, B. A., Eisenberg, E. & Levanon, E. Y. Massive A-to-I RNA editing is common across the Metazoa and correlates with dsRNA abundancee. Genome Biol. 18, 185 (2017).
3. Bazak, L. et al. A-to-I RNA editing occurs at over a hundred million genomic sites, located in a majority of human genes. Genome Res. 24, 365–376 (2014).
4. Ramaswami, G. & Li, J. B. RADAR: A rigorously annotated database of A-to-I RNA editing. Nucleic Acids Res. 42, D109-13 (2014).
5. Kim, D. D. Y. et al. Widespread RNA editing of embedded Alu elements in the human transcriptome. Genome Res. 14, 1719–1725 (2004).
6. Blow, M., Futreal, A. P., Wooster, R. & Stratton, M. R. A survey of RNA editing in human brain. Genome Res. 14, 2379–2387 (2004).
7. Athanasiadis, A., Rich, A. & Maas, S. Widespread A-to-I RNA editing of Alu-containing mRNAs in the human transcriptome. PLoS Biol. 2, e391 (2004).
8. Levanon, E. Y. et al. Systematic identification of abundant A-to-I editing sites in the human transcriptome. Nat. Biotechnol. 22, 1001–1005 (2004).
9. Bazak, L., Levanon, E. Y. & Eisenberg, E. Genome-wide analysis of Alu editability. Nucleic Acids Res. 42, 6876–6884 (2014).